Sunday, April 6, 2008

Much about nothing.

This is one of those days where I really don't know what to write about. Lot's going on as usual, but sometimes it almost becomes so commonplace that you don't notice it. Of my original group of volunteers only two of us remain, Megan and I, and Nicki from the last group is also still here. other wise everyone I have met here has left, and the three of us find ourselves surrounded by strangers. Soon enough they will be friends, but for now there is a disconnect as they go through their orientation.

Last night after a game of charades, which is the almost nightly past time here at CCS, John became very sick. Nicki and I stayed with in the room with him as he slept, partly because of worry, and partly because we were enjoying our conversation. John leaves today to fly home to Australia, and after two months of good health this is terribly ironic timing to get sick. I have to admit that I'm a bit worried he may have malaria, but he is determined to get on that plane and go home. If you have to have malaria it would be nice to at least be home. Thats sick John to the right, and yes, I put an American flag sticker on his face. In order to be fair I have also added a much better looking picture of John from the next day when he had mostly recovered from his one night sickness.
My parents have given me a gift, they want to let me go on a trip before I leave that they will pay for, within reason. I'm extremely excited about it, but now I have to decide where I want to go. There are so many options and I really don't know where to start. Should I go somewhere in Africa? Even here in Tanzania, another safari maybe (I would love that). Or to Egypt, my dad has always talked about seeing the pyramids and I would love to do that. I could go to South Africa or Morocco, or a now more stable Kenya. On the other hand I could also pick a destination in Europe to stop over in on my way home, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Paris, and Madrid all sound quite intriguing. I can't thank mom and dad enough, but this will require some real thinking. I'd love to go to Australia but even with my parents help I don't think I'll have enough money for that.

Anyways, that's enough babbling for now, I'll have something more substantial to say next time. For now, good bye to all my friends who have gone home, safe journey to those still travailing, and may God hold you in the palm of his hand till we meet again.

PS: John, you will never find all of the American flag stickers I hid in your luggage. :-)

No comments: