Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Not coming home just yet

As I said a little while back I was given a gift by my parents to take a trip after my program here in Moshi ends in May. I thought about it for a while, and many possibilities came to mind. I could see more of Africa, I could stop over somewhere in Europe on my way home, I could even go on another safari while I'm here in Tanzania. But after being away from home for so long, and being here with the volunteers and my school for so long as well the thought of traveling on my own really isn't very appealing. All those places I thought about going are still worth the trip I'm sure, and god willing I will someday get to see them.

So I have come up with an alternative. For the same money that I could spend a week in Amsterdam I can spend the better part of a month here in Moshi. I'll move into one of the hotel's in town and work during the days at my school and possibly at the Kili Kids orphanage. Kili Kids is going to have a gap of volunteers in a couple weeks and I may be able to help fill it for at least a little while. I'll be able to be around my friends from CCS and will be in a familiar place.

I'll be home some time in early June, I'll be able to say once I get my plane tickets changed. I miss everyone at home, but one extra month wont be that long. It's hard to believe that I have been here for almost two and a half months already. I'm sure the next month and a half will fly by as well.

I'll see you all when its warm out.

No comments: