Sunday, May 18, 2008

Moving day


Today was my last day at CCS, and I have moved into the Kindaroko hotel in down town (such as it is) Moshi. I have a very nice room with a balcony and my own bathroom, and I get breakfast included for $15 per night. I'll be there for the next two weeks until it's time for me to go on the first of June. Leaving my room was harder than I thought. Seeing it so empty, after having lived there for three and a half months was very sad. I'm sure I'll be making at least a few trips back to CCS over the next few weeks though, I wouldn't want to be away for all that long.

Everything else is going well here, it's been on the cool side for the last few days and overcast. It's not quite so cold that I would wear a sweatshirt, but I wouldn't be too hot in one either. The rain's have slowed down and mostly come at night now, today was the first major day rain storm I've seen in a while.

At school the kids are doing well, the other teachers let me teach the lessons by my self now. It go's well for the most part though I have resorted to using stickers to bribe them into keeping quiet. On last Friday I had the Standard 2 class after tea break for math. Now that they know that I will give them stickers for good behavior they tend to settle down more quickly. They like to remind me that they are being good, it's not uncommon for me to hear, "I am being quiet teacher." or, "He is disturbing the class teacher." Stickers are a very competitive sport for these kids.
That's about all for now, I've been keeping busy with many projects here. It's good because it keeps my mind busy. One reason I am glad to leave CCS is because after seeing so many of my friends leave it gets hard to be there. It feels sometimes like there are ghosts there, people who i expect to see at any moment but aren't there to be found. In two weeks I'll be home to relax, until then I've got lots of things to do.
Before I go, I would just like to throw up a few pictures from the last few days. Here we have Rose and Pendo at Kili Kids being cute, an evening view of Kilimanjaro, the Moshi bus station, Me and I believe Fredi at Kili Kids, and Nancy from Kili Kids.

No comments: