Monday, May 12, 2008

Picture day!

Today I got my package from home, and in among the pencils and stickers and massive bag of tootsie roles (thank you very much mom and grandma) was a camera cable and two new memory cards. It's very exciting for me because now i can once again upload pictures to this blog, and take even more for later on. I was down to about 50 pictures wort of space left on the memory cards I had here. I'm going to put on a bunch of pictures today, and I'll fill in some of the older posts with pictures as well, so please have a look. So here are a whole bunch of random pictures.









Ok, from top to bottom we have: 1. the largest numbers of bills I've ever held, about $250 US. 2. The home base where I live, not exactly roughing it, I know. 3. The sun set over Moshi last Saturday. 4. Regan, one of our good friends from Moshi, a local artist. 5. The sun set with Mt. Meru. 6. The Karanga road after some rain. This is the road our house is on about 1 Km from the paved Arusha rd.



I hope you enjoy, and there will defiantly be more pictures in the near future.

PS: One extra picture for John, this is me painting a map of Africa on Nikki's classroom wall. The outline is about half finished here, and was compleated yesterday. When the paing drys we'll color in the countries and paint the names on as well. Nikki deserves all the credit for this project, as she has bought all the supplies and orginized all the painting trips there.

1 comment:

Elise Fender said...

Your drawing looks so good! What a great thing to do for those kids, I'm sure they love it